Thursday 3 March 2011

Wedding A-Z: D is for Dance

Your first dance as a married couple is an opportunity to show your personality and love for one another and traditionally gets the party started.

So what will you do for your first dance?  Do you have a 'song'?  Some couples have a particular song that means something to them and their relationship together.  Whilst a slow love song might seem the most obvious choice it is perfectly acceptable to choose a more upbeat number.  If you want to you can even take lessons beforehand and hire a professional to choreograph a routine for you.

Take a look at Best Wedding Dances for some great examples of first dances.  However, make sure you get a cuppa before you visit - you will be on this site for hours!!

For song suggestions, you can check out sites like You and Your Wedding or First Dance UK for 'top ten' lists.  I decided to do a poll of my family and friends and this is their list of first dance songs:

Marylin Monroe - I Wanna Be Loved By You

Elton John - Your Song
The Beatles - I Wanna Hold Your Hand
Lonestar - Baby I'm Amazed By You
Ben E King - Stand By Me
Bon jovi - Always
Delta Goodrem - Fortune & Love
Texas - So In Love With You
Tom Baxter - Better
Ronan Keating - Superman
Frank Sinatra - Fly me to the Moon
Extreme - More Than Words
Take That - A Million Love Songs
My first dance was 'The Way You Look Tonight' by Frank Sinatra.  My husband and I took dance lessons and we did a Foxtrot.



What will you do for your first dance?
  

No comments:

Post a Comment